Today I went to Rubber Tree Market with my mum for Fatimaya’s first Thrifty Saturday event. There was a multitude of funky vintage clothes, shoes, jewelery & handbags for dirt cheap. One of the best things about it is that part proceeds are donated to charity. This week the charity was Girl Talk, a mentoring program for middle school aged females. I picked up a few great pieces including:
- 50’s style full skirted linen dress in pale yellow.
- White eyelet mini skirt with red embroidered trim
- Navy + white striped button down shirt with cap sleeves
- Matching bracelet & necklace made from Kente cloth beads
- Silver wrist cuff depicting two symmetrically facing elephants
All for under thirty dollars! I was there for about an hour looking at everything and I found if you take your time you come across some really exceptional things. It was originally going to be a monthly event but due to the good response it’s now biweekly. So I’m definitely going to be checking it again in the future. Also, I’ll try to post pictures of my finds.